Saturday 2 October 2010

Yummy Blueberries

What, is there something on my face?
Blondie Boy has a new favorite food: blueberries.  Since Blondie Boy has eczema and is at higher risk for allergies we are holding off on strawberries and raspberries since they are a high allergy risk.  He hadn't had any berries at all, but then I learned that blueberries are closer related to cranberries, a very low allergen, than other berries.  Blondie Boy's Grandma had kindly brought us over some blueberries and as they seemed easy enough to mash, I thought we'd give them a try.

All I did was cut the berries in half and give them to the boy raw.  OMG he loved them.  He could not shove them down his pie hole fast enough and in the end he ate half of the 125g packet!  I was convinced he was going to turn into Violet Beauregarde.

Surprisingly blueberries are not that messy to eat.  I'd pictured purple stains all over, but the juice runs clear when the berries are raw.  However, when the berries come out you get purple poo.  Yes, you heard me right, purple poo.  Oh well technicolour poo is a small price to pay for deliciousness!

Blondie

No comments:

Post a Comment